WASH DAY ROUTINE



     

                                                          WASH DAY ROUTINE
Heyyy beautiful people, I am going to put you through on how I go about my wash day. Its just going to be me talking about my wash routine cause I have a different hair texture than Sandra (perks of having two people 😏😏)
First, it wasn’t for fun that they call it “wash day” this process takes a lot of time and dedication people. Over time, I have noticed that it is more effective to wash your hair yourself than letting others do it, I just feel that you get to have so much control and can get in to all the corners yourself.
So this is a list of what I use;
  • Shampoo (black soap)
  • Conditioner (Hills and Vine)
  • Oils
  • Apple cider vinegar (ACV)
  • Shea butter
  • Wide tooth comb
  • Applicator bottle
  • Spray bottle
  • Shower cap
  • Cotton cloth (old cotton T-shirt)
  • Water

STEPS:
After taking out my protective style, I do not comb my hair since its dry. I start by detangling my hair in sections using apple cider vinegar and water in a ratio of 7:3, this mixture is placed in a spray bottle and sprayed from the root to the tip. This makes the hair very soft and damp so its easy to finger detangle and comb.
 Ps: if you don’t have ACV, you could use any product detangler or just water.

Next step is to pre poo the hair. Pre poo is basically a treatment done before shampooing the hair. It helps retain moisture and prevents harsh stripping of natural hair oils.
So, I prepoo with a mixture of olive oil and coconut oil. Applying this mixture to my hair strands from root to tip in all four sections. Cover with a shower cap for about 20minutes.

Taking out the shower cap, now the hair is soft and oily. Then I begin to shampoo in sections, focusing on the scalp so as to get rid of product build up.

Wash off the shampoo and begin to condition, still in sections. Using the Hills and Vine deep conditioner, condition and deep condition the hair at the same



time. Apply the products generously on the hair strands and not scalp. Do this in all sections and cover with a shower cap for 30-45minutes.

Then rinse off the conditioner with warm water.You can feel your arms getting weak at this point,lol dont worry, we are almost done.

Dry the hair with a cotton tshirt.
When the hair is damp, apply hair oils to your scalp with an applicator bottle. My applicator bottle contains a mixture of Jamaican black castor oil, coconut oil, argan oil and extra virgin olive oil. Apply this in sections and massage the scalp for about 5 minutes.

Then apply shea butter to my hair strands followed by chunky twits and leave the hair to air dry.

Phewwww, and that’s about it.

Over time, people have asked why its advised to use cotton cloth to dry your hair, well, it helps soak water quickly and since the surface is even unlike the regular towel , there is less friction with the hair leading to less split ends and less breakage.  
 
 Thank you so much for reading, I hope you try this and leave comments.
Don't forget to subscribe and share, remember to uplift each other queens 💕💕
                                                                                                         

Comments

  1. This is amazing. Definitely going to try it out the next time I am washing my hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wash "day". It's the whole day someone will use for all these things things oo. So many new things to try out tho🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a whole day dear , it's not child's play 😆

      Delete
  3. How do you do this?i mean lazinesss is always taking over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at the "bigger picture " which is health and growth of your hair 👊

      Delete
  4. Wash day, I'm definitely going to try this out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you use normal vinegar in place of the ACV

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU KNOW YOUR HAIR POROSITY ?