BENTONITE CLAY FOR NATURAL HAIR


BENTONITE CLAY FOR NATURAL HAIR

Hello Fro queensss πŸ’–πŸ’–, this will be our first post in a long timeee. We've both been so busy with school, hope everyone is doing okay . Anyways, I am going to be sharing some amazing discovery with yall.
Today I'm going to talk about bentonite clay,yes! Clay for your natural hair. I have heard about this clay for a very long time and decided to give it a try after seeing some wonderful results on youtube.
Some of you might be wondering what bentonite clay is or what it's for.

 This post is to give you a detailed description of one of its functions. Basically, bentonite clay is an absorbant aluminium phyllosilicate clay consisting mostly of montmorillonite formed from volcanic ash that has aged over time , its natural and good for the hair and skin. In addition to this, it has absorbent, moisturizing, conditioning and clarifying properties.

For this process, we’ll be needing the following
  •     Bentonite clay
  •         Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV)
  •        Spray bottle
  •         Deep Conditioner
  •          Shower cap
  •      Oils
  •      Shea butter

This is basically a wash day routine WITHOUT a shampoo, due to the absorbing property of the clay, I have incorporated this into my monthly routine and NOT my biweekly wash day routine. So the steps are as follows;
  •  I finger detangle my hair in sections using a mixture of ACV and water in a spray bottle. You could substitute this with any product detangler or just water in a spray bottle. Whatever works for you boo boo 😚. After detangling each section, I put my hair in chunky twists


  •    In a bowl, I mixed about 2 spoons of bentonite clay and ACV until the consistency was  smooth, like yogurt 🍦 lol but not runny.


P.S: When mixing the clay, do NOT use any metal utensils either metallic container or a metallic spoon because the clay has a strong negative charge and the metals would react with it, making it lose its properties. At least that's what "they" said.

  •    I unraveled each twist and applied the clay mixture generously from the root to the tips. I made sure the clay got to ever hair strand. Thennnnnn, my curls were poppingggggggg 😍😍😍


  •   I left the clay on for about 20 minutes, I didn’t let it dry completely then I rinsed it all off.  My hair felt so soft, clean and moisturized. To think my hair was gonna be all dry since the clay was becoming hard after awhile. It was like magic✨ when I washed it off.


  •   I followed up with my Chocolate petal deep conditioner and placed my hair in a shower cap for about  20minutes. Then I rinsed it off.
  •    Now to my LOC (liquid,Oil and Cream) method, while my hair was still wet, I used a cotton tee shirt to dry up some of the water till it was damp. The water was the liquid in my hair, I used Alikay Naturals Essential 17  hair growth oil for my scalp and a scalp massaging tool to stimulate my scalp. For my cream, yall already knowwww😏 my Chocolate Petal Whipped Shea butter never fails me.
  •  Then I put my hair in twists and allow to air dry


That’s it people, my wash days just got shorter and better πŸ’ƒπŸΌ. I’ll definitely be doing this next month. I hope you all are willing to try this and share your thoughts..

By the way, I got the clay from Bellz_Nhcc and its super affordable. That’s where I got my Alikay Naturals essential oil and scalp massaging tool aswell.

Thank you so much for reading😘 please leave a comment and share with your friends.
Remember to uplift each other queensss πŸ’•πŸ’•


Comments

  1. Wow girl! The way your curls popped, I'm definitely going to try this❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm new here and I'm loving it already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossip and net stuff and this is really annoying. A good website with exciting content, this is what I need. Thanks for making this web-site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    vatika hair oil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU KNOW YOUR HAIR POROSITY ?

WASH DAY ROUTINE