EVERYWHERE SATIN !!




Hello beautiful people, hope everyone is doing great and getting ready for Christmasss πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ? Today’s post is all about satin, I was sitting on my bed and realized there was satin everywhere, literally. I had my satin scarf on, my pillowcase is made of satin and my afrocentric satin bonnet was just by the corner of my bed.

Ever wondered why naturals always fuss about using satin or silk fabrics to protect the hair? 🀷🏽‍♀️
Here's why...Satin or silk fabric helps maintain the natural oils present in our hair and allows less friction between our hair and other surfaces like cotton pillowcases and sheets. Personally, I prefer satin fabrics because they are cheaper and efficient.

Protecting your hair with satin can make or break your hair journey, how?
Going to bed without properly protecting your hair can lead to dry hair which is caused by lack of moisture and moisture retention is key in having healthy hair. Dry hair can lead to damage and split ends, which in turn leads to breakage. Remember ladies, dry hair is caused by the friction between the hair and other surfaces.

There are several ways to protect your hair using satin and they are 
Ø  Use of satin pillowcase; this is my personal favorite because it made my life easier and I’m kind of a crazy sleeper πŸ™ˆ ( only when I’ve had a long day) cause I tend to lose my bonnet in the middle of the night due to all the tossing and turning. Plus, it helps when I need to take a quick nap and can’t be bothered wearing a bonnet for a 20 minutes nap.



Ø  Using a satin bonnet ofcourseee; satin bonnets always come throughhh! Especially when I take my time to moisturize my hair and put it in twists to sleep. I also have a really large bonnet I got from @naturalhairrockss_  (NHR), its super nice and has an Ankara fabric over the satin, its perfect for sleeping when I have a protective style on , like braids. I love it😍

I try to be cute for yall,lol

Yes! Sandra and I twining in our Afrocentric bonnet from NHRπŸ’–

Ø  Use of satin scarfs; you can never go wrong with a satin scarf, especially the really cute vintage ones. There are great for cute outings to the beach. Well, I use my scarfs to press down my edges when I’m trying to get my edges laaiddddd!
Pree the dimple πŸ˜‰


Ø  Using satin hairbands; you can accessorize your hair with a pretty hairband and still get the protection. Regular hairbands snap my edges so I use this satin hairband from @niodesatin, its really pretty.




Thank you so much for reading and feel free to share your favorite way of protecting your hair. We love you and always remember to uplift each other queeenss πŸ’•πŸ’•


Comments

  1. First time hereπŸ’ƒ and first to comment lπŸ’ƒ...I love😍 satin bonnets alot cos it gives my mane maximum protection from knots and dryness.. I got some satin fabrics to make head bands (lol, I'm a diy lover) and I'll definitely do them soon.. your head bands are so beautiful and I love your post 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ Thank you so so much , will definitely be trying you hairbands when you make themπŸ’•

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU KNOW YOUR HAIR POROSITY ?

HAIRDUCATION !!